Thursday, August 06, 2009

Our story until now

I got laid off at The Arizona Republic after 20 years.

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. I'm more at peace now than I was waiting for the ax to fall. I was always in fear for my job, what with the faltering economy and the faltering newspaper industry. Now, I don't have to worry about losing the job ... I already did!

It surprised me how much my job loss has touched my colleagues ... I guess they're more friends than colleagues ... moreso than I knew. I told them not to be mad for me, because I'm not mad. I'm good with this, and I'm trusting God.

Now, my wife is going back to work and I'm developing an idea or two, volunteering for my church, and looking for full-time work. Matter of fact, I found 3 jobs to apply for today. I think things will be good.

And losing my job has freed me to explore my interests and passions ... and my biggest passion is my faith in Christ. And I'm pretty passionate about Disneyland and Christmas music, too, but no jobs there!

I'm looking forward to what God has in store. And I'm letting myself rest for awhile.

-Zube.

No comments: