Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The other blog

I have a blog at azcentral.com where I post articles about people living out their faith. At least, I DID have a blog ...

I'm thinking seriously of abandoning it.

Whenever I post a story ... say about Obama doing devotionals on his BlackBerry, or Mormons being targeted in the wake of the Prop. 8 vote in California ... most of my comments are from haters. Anti-Mormon, anti-Islam, anti-Christian, whatever. Many comments devolve into the old "the Bible is full of contradictions" argument.

One atheist who comments there ... atheists seem to be my biggest fans, go figure ... keeps up with this line of commentary, even though I've tried to engage her and tell her of great resources for answering those objections. But she seems to enjoy the parry-and-thrust of the debate. Me, I'm tired of it.

I can understand not buying some position ... Christianity, for example, or UFOs ... but if you're not a fan, why are you spending so much time on a site devoted to something you don't believe in? I'm not spending all my time posting comments on some 9/11 Truther site ... why should I?

-Zube.

1 comment:

Zoomer Roberts said...

It got pointed out to me some years back that non-believers talk about God more than believers do. Anyway, stewardship of your gifts and energy is always in order. There is so much negativity out there: people shouting each other down and bleating inanities and posting garbage on the 'net. I do some lay preaching for our small (20+) congregation, and the numbers can be discouraging. But I try to remember that each of the people in the pews will cross paths with a lot of other people, and maybe what I do will make a difference. I'm rambling...

Zoomer