Thursday, September 09, 2004

Catching up on little things

Just following up on some of my previous blogs ...

* In the Olympics, it turns out beach volleyball was a BIG hit ... not MEN's beach volleyball, of course. Do the women in the sport realize how degrading it all is, with the teeny bikinis? But anything for the publicity, right? I mean, that's how the world works, right?

* I found a FREE Bible for my new PDA (which is wonderful, by the way). Go here and you can get any number of free things, like concordances, notes, commentaries. I downloaded both the New American Standard Bible and The Message (free!) into my PDA!

* More on PDA: go here and here for great software ... again free. The first is a nice poker program with 11 games and all kinds of other settings. You can get a trial version and keep playing (although it'll bug you to register to open all the options). The second is a great solitaire set, again free, with 5 games.

* OK, now the REAL football season begins, tonight with Indy and New England. Maybe it's just me, but I think New England is overrated in the Great Pantheon of Football Champions. Then again, I wasn't ever a fan of those 49ers teams, and Joe Montana in particular. So maybe it IS me, huh?

* Expanding on that item about our movie choices, here is an article that confirms what most suspect about TV choices, too. That too much sexual content and teen sexuality are linked. It's probably a chicken-and-egg thing about which comes first, but it still is an indicator of attitudes toward sexual activity. I'm so glad my wife and I monitor what our kids watch. We all watch the same few channels (Disney, Nick, Nick at Nite, History, A&E, Discovery).

OK, that's all for now.

-Zube.


No comments: