Wednesday, August 11, 2004

The most wonderful time of the year

Football season finally is starting up ... as I told one friend at work, "I'm home again!"

I'm widely known around here as a football nut. I'd rather watch a 20-year old college game on ESPN Classic than a World Series Game 7. But I mean, who wouldn't? I hear that ESPN's all-time weekend rating was set this spring ... for the NFL Draft! C'mon, people, admit it! Football is King!

My favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys. I have high hopes, but I don't know how they're going to do this year ... they still have a lot of rebuilding to do.

Notice that I say "they" ... I never refer to my favorite teams as "we" ... I'm a fan, but I'm not an employee! That's one of my pet peeves ... but I guess it's natural in sports fandom to refer to yourself as part of your team. It's just weird, I think.

But I hope WE get to the Super Bowl soon again!

-Zube.

1 comment:

Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

Ewwww, football ;-)