Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Another step into the future

I got a new PDA over the weekend. My old one, a Palm Pilot m100, was dying ever so slowly ... actually, a little more quickly than that, lately. I had to redigitize it every time I turned it on ... sometimes several times in one setting. And if you don't know what "redigitize" is, neither do I, really. I just know I had to do it.

So now I got a nifty Sony Clie TJ-26, I think. It has (WARNING: GEEKSPEAK FOLLOWS) 32 megs of memory, as opposed to my old one, which had a whopping 2 megs. Which means I uploaded all my info from my old PDA, which was nearly maxed out, into my new PDA, and it tells me i'm still 94% or so unused space. So I loaded it up with a bunch of other software that I had taken off my Palm for space issues. And I still have a ton. My next purchase of software (my FIRST, actually, because all the other stuff I had was freeware) will be a Bible, which I always wanted to put in my PDA but never had nearly enough room.

The next step, maybe a couple years down the road: the all-in-one phone-mp3-pda-digital camera thing.

If I can afford it.

-Zube.

No comments: