Friday, May 05, 2006

Another obsession ...

OK, so as you can figure out, the Beatles and Christmas are two of my time-eaters ...

Another is Disney. Specifically, Disneyland.

Last summer, it was the park's 50th anniversary, and back then, Disney released a 6 CD box set with music and sounds from the parks. It's still available. It mixes current and old attractions, so it is a nice document of things long gone from the park.

But it wasn't enough! There were a lot of tracks that were left off, for some reason. I already had some tracks they used, others from old "Official" CDs, and others from a system Disneyland used to have that let you burn your own tracks from their library of music and sounds. Plus, what ticked me off most is that no CD had just one "land" on it. If you wanted to listen to just New Orleans Square, you had to start halfway through one CD and go to another. Same with Tomorrowland.

So I started putting my stuff together, then I found this site, which let you download even more stuff not on the box set.

So long story not so short, I've just finished compiling an 11-CD set. One CD each for Main Street USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square and Critter Country. One CD for Fantasyland and another for a combined Fantasyland/Mickey's Toontown (which didn't have enough going on to make a full CD), and THREE for Tomorrowland (that land has had the most changes in 50 years). Plus one CD for Christmas at Disneyland. Too bad I couldn't stretch it out to 12 CDs, huh? Maybe someday, if I can find some more parades.

... Pretty pathethic, huh?

-Zube.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yes, it is. :)
How are you?
We are still loving it in Berkeley.

Zube said...

I'm good. Kids are growing, I need a vacation ... you know, the usual! email me sometime, you know my work address!