Friday, October 28, 2005

I'm dreaming of ...

I've begun my annual foray into New Christmas Music.

Christmas music is one of my all-time favorite things. I love to explore new genres this way, plus I just love Christmas. They've switched people around at work and I have new "pod mates" ... they've just discovered the my Christmas thing, and they think it's a hoot. One, a reporter, thinks somebody should do a story about me, or people like me, who listen to Christmas music at more than just Christmas!

Anyway, on my list this year:

Dig That Crazy Christmas, by the Brian Setzer Orchestra. His second Christmas album, the first being Boogie Woogie Christmas, a couple years ago.

Christmas Album, by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, a reissue of a 60s album that I think I remember my parents having. I want it!

Christmas In Memphis, by Husky Team. I know nothing about Husky Team. I heard parts of the CD at Barnes & Noble. Christmas tunes done in the style of well-known 50s songs.

The Christmas Sessions, by Mercy Me. The guys who sang "I Can Only Imagine."

Christmas Remixed Vol. 2, Various. Another Christmas remix album. The first volume was a classic.

Happy Christmas Vol. 4, Various. A Christmas altrock/punk compilation that has had 3 great volumes so far, here and here and here.

Wow! Christmas (Green), Various. A Christian Christmas compliation, 2 CDs. I loved the first one.

What I Really Want For Christmas, by Brian Wilson. His first Christmas album. I've heard a couple tracks online, sounds great.

I've been buying stuff on ebay, I'll tell about it later.

-Zube.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I love Christmas music! However, I try to restrict my listening to around the holidays. Though... I do listen well after Jan. 1 usually.

You know who likes to listen to Christmas music whenever? It's Penny.

Your schedule didn't change, did it?

Zube said...

No, sked didn't change. Yet. It may in January.

Penny's as bad as me? Good for her!

Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

People at my Oregon job? Total humbugs. They'd probably refuse to listen to Christmas music even on Christmas! I'm glad you're around to liven things up :)

Ann said...

Those people are humbugs because they don't get a "real" Christmas. They have to work and it is no fun! In Salem you pretty much have to work every holiday. Booo!
I have just recently been able to tolerate Christmas music. Working retail really messes you up.
There is a station in Phx.--94.9 I think--that plays Christmas music 24-7 the whole month of December. I think it starts the day after Thanksgiving. I hope there is something like that here.
Oh, and I have almost all of our Christmas shopping done. Just a few more things. I still have to shop for Curt. But I know what I am getting him.
OK, I am finished rambling.