Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes.

We're losing a guy from the area of the newspaper I work. ... At.

That's 25% of our staffing. But of course, we're not going to hire to replace him.

So my hours and days off may shift to accomodate. I'll start working 1 hour later (which will cost me some time with my kids and wife), and I probably will have to occasionally rotate to a Tuesday to Saturday shift.

It's not horrible, but it does change what had been a dream schedule for me for several years now: Monday through Friday, 11 to 7. I guess it had to come to an end eventually.

Sigh.

-Zube.

3 comments:

Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

Funny how your paper sounds a lot like my paper ... Sigh.

Sorry about the schedule- hope it gets better soon

Ann said...

Who's leaving?

Zube said...

Dennis is going to the West Valley to do some reporting and/or editing, if i have the story right.