Friday, May 27, 2005

Too old to blog?

I don't know, maybe I just don't have enough energy to blog constantly.

I keep reading blogs of people who post constantly, several times a day. But they have specific topics ... politics, religion. I would do something like that but 1) i'm not THAT knowledgable about politics, and 2) people do a far better job than I would with religion. So the only alternative is my life. Which is not spectacular. No that I'm whining or crying, but it just isn't. I'm married with 2 kids, I'm not 20 and going out every night and taking whirlwind trips with friends. With my hours, I don't make loads of friends.

So what to do? Any ideas, steff and jodie, my only 2 readers? ;)

-Zube.

4 comments:

Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

I'm not knowledgable about anything, or even blog regularly. But, y'know, gots to keep the readers happy :) Now I miss out on all the Republic gossip, so that's always a good topic... your kids are good, your trips to disneyland, your cds, your near-accidents, your roadtrips, your lunch. All interesting enough for the Internet! :)

Anonymous said...

First, let me say, Thanks for allowing anonymous posts. A friend's blog of mine doesn't allow that so that means I would have to sign up and get an account, just to post a message. I think that's stupid.

OK.

Why did you start a blog in the first place?

I think you have a good point and I don't understand people who posts several times a day, and it's not even on a topic, except their lives. In that case, they're probably writing to a bunch of friends.

That's part of my blogging reason. My friends can read about what's going on with my life -- if they want to.

The other reason is that I've been using my blog as more of a diary than to write to an audience.

I don't think you should feel like you have to write all the time (like some people). You can use it to talk about anything you want and to vent (I do that a lot.).

Or you can cater to Stephanie and give her some gossip, like that one reporter who ...

Zube said...

Thanks guys! I'm glad somebody is reading!

Ann said...

Hey! You now have three readers. And this reader is not in her 20s! :)