Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Dial 911

I'm driving in to work today, and I'm waiting to make a right so I can get on the freeway. I had a red. So the cars turning left on the arrow turn, and then I hear a squeal of brakes, and there it goes, a big white minivan slides into the intersection and hits TWO, count 'em, TWO cars. Lucky the driver had hit her brakes, it could've been worse.

So I pull over and call 911 ... and then proceed to argue with the operator with where exactly the accident was. "Intersection of Price and Warner," I say. "East side."

"So is the accident on Price or Warner?"

"At the intersection! East side."

"But another caller says it's just North on Price."


"Whichever, it's AT THE INTERSECTION!" I say, making the international sign for "Intersection" with my hands so she could understand better ... if she could have only seen me.

So finally they stop
arguing with me and send out cops and such.

Nobody was hurt seriously, although I did see a guy get out of his car and hold his arm and side. A lawsuit waiting to happen.

For the record, it was a tad East on Warner, a tad North on Price. You know, at the INTERSECTION!

I hate intersections. I had an accident at one [ed. actually, TWO] , and have seen 2 other wrecks at intersections. One just like today's, only different, only 2 or 3 miles south of where this one was.

The moral: Drive safe.

-Zube

1 comment:

Zube said...

I'm just curious, but is your last name Zube? Mine is (well, at least it was 'til I got married and begrudgingly changed it, but most people know me as 'Zube' anyway), and I found your blog doing a search for Zube.

If so, I don't know that we'd have much more in common than the last name, except for being human, and that's a start! :-)